Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician with over 20 years experience.
1627031

2002 dodge grand caravan rough idle. No hesitation on

Customer Question

2002 dodge grand caravan rough idle. No hesitation on acceleration and runs smooth at higher speeds. No codes are present, but when checking and cam and crank synch the computer reads that both signals are lost and are out of synch. Any suggestions?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is***** you are losing the cam and crank signals like this then you may have a failure in one of the sensors, or I have seen a bad timing belt cause this. Some scan tools will show a loss of cam and crank signal when the correlation is off. I would check the timing belt first to see if it is loose or worn. If it is fine then I would check the fuel trim readings at idle to see if the computer is commanding more fuel. This would indicate that there is a vacuum leak that is causing this. It does sound like a vacuum leak.