Tyler Langlinais
Tyler Langlinais,
Experience:  technation at melloy dodge
94156388

My 08 1500 4x4 just started making a whining noise when I

Customer Question

My 08 1500 4x4 just started making a whining noise when I accelerate. If I am coasting the noise is gone, or at least inaudible. It just started yesterday. It occurs in forward or reverse. It doesn't seem to get worse when turning corners.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tyler Langlinais replied 1 month ago.

Hi I am Tyler i have a little over 15 years experience and have been working for dodge for quite a while now it sounds like the issue could be coming from 1 of 3 location are you able to tell where the sound is located like the rear end or the transmission? and when you say a whining sound does it sound like rough metal to metal contact or just a hum in this year make and model truck the rear end pinion nut could become loose or the front pinion bearing gets noise. if you look at the rear drive shaft where it meets the rear end does it look like the seal where it meets is leaking also look at the same place for the front drive shaft. it is more likely that the noise is coming from the rear. let me know what you see and hear and we can better pin point your issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello. Sorry for the delay, as I have been on shift. The noise is coming from the engine compartment. It occurs when I am in neutral, park, and drive (forward and reverse). It seems to be related to the engine speed. The higher the RPMs, the higher pitch and volume of the noise. It sounds like a belt. I am home now, so I will take a better look at it today. Possibly the serpentine belt is loose, or the tension adjuster is toast?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have received an email requesting a rating and feedback, and I will be happy to rate your answer so you can be compensated. However, I cannot do that until my question has been answered.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I still have not received an answer, so I will not rate your service until so.