Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2012 Ram 3500 diesel SLT. It came with manual

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Ram 3500 diesel SLT. It came with manual seats. I put in seats from a 2015 Laramie with leather and heat, all power. Now I need to reconcile the wiring so the airbag light and seat-belt lights go off when seat-belts are used. Also, I will need wiring diagram for the heated seats on the new leather seats. How do I reconcile the airbag and seat-belt lights?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your model did not come with seat air bags but the new seats do come with seat air bags most likely the wiring harness leading from the air bag computer and the air bag computer itself will need replaced to correct the air bag light and seat belt light here.If they did both come with the same air bags let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2012 truck came with air bags as did the 2015 seats.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,looking through my info unfortunately it does not list the 2015 model wiring info.I will see if anyone else here can assist further on this for you.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Pete, Thanks for trying to help. I just this morning received the vin. number from the 2015 seats. It is 3C6UR5FL3FG662561.I believe the seats came from a 2015 1500. I thought they came from a 3500. Not sure if their is a difference. I was thinking that may be why the wiring I have for the 2015 power seats from a 3500 (diagrams) is not completely the same as in a 1500. I was hoping that is something you could get a copy of to send to me. I chose now to write back as no other mechanic decided to jump in and help. I have some wiring for the 2012 and some for a 2015 3500. I have none for a 2015 1500. It was a Laramie model, it is stitched across the front of the leather seat.
Thanbs
Scott
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry Pete, the 2015 truck that originated from was a 2015 2500 4x4, pro 10 way memory drvr 6 way passenger seat. The truck also had a heated steering wheel. I am sure with the vin. you can look up what you need. Help Please,
Scott