Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Same 02 dakota (manual trans-3.9 v6-4X4), I had the clutch

Customer Question

same 02 dakota (manual trans-3.9 v6-4X4), I had the clutch replaced a just little over a year and the clutch stopped working, i took it back to the shop that did the clutch and they said that my front brakes were seized up and caused the clutch to fail, so they put another clutch in and now when I start from a standing position I feel something shaking until get to moving faster...what do you think
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hmmm, let me think about this and get back to you.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my initial research suggested something called "axle wrap", but i cant see how that would start happening all of a sudden like this...could it be possible that the shop messed up on something to cause the shaking?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

When the shop replaced the clutch this time, did they have the fly wheel resurfaced and did they also replace the clutch pressure plate? If they did not do these things, then you may be experiencing "clutch chatter" That will happen if only the clutch disc is replaced. So ask them about that.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello? were you able to see my last answer/reply?

Chris