Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Have 2003 2500 automatic with 60000 miles, no commercial use

Customer Question

have 2003 2500 automatic with 60000 miles , no commercial use .TRUCK just starting slowing down and stopped.I can increase the RPM's to 2500 and the truck will not move.Oil level Fid
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: The truck will start after setting for several days. the truck is located out of town. Is their any thing else that I need to check when I go out town to check on the truck.
JA: What is the model of your '03 Dodge?
Customer: It is a 2003 2500 heavy duty truck with***** It is a Laramie.
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked the oil level and it appears to have some leaks that just appeared possibly from around the torque converter.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If there was or is fluid leaking from the torque converter area this can indicate an issue with the transmission fluid pump or torque converter in some cases.Either of these will cause an issue with the engine revving up but no movement or little movement.What will have to be done here is to have the transmission fluid pressure tested to see what pressure the transmission is working at to help determine if the pump is at fault and further inspection for any other issues as well unfortunately.This usually requires a transmission fluid pressure test gauge and the correct test equipment to pinpoint the cause here.

I suspect the pump may have failed needing replaced as this can be most common for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete