-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2004 Dodge Ram (5.7?) Hemi. Cruise control problem. Was

Customer Question

2004 Dodge Ram (5.7?) Hemi. Cruise control problem. Was working with no problems, PEP Boys Garage replaced the upper and lower ball joints, and install new brakes ...oil change, tire rotation, and balance. ....... Now my cruise control will come on only when I stop, and will go out almost immediately when I start rolling. Took it back to the shop and they don't know what's wrong. No Diagnostic errors codes. Please advise. Floyd.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

If it was working fine until the ball joints were replaced then I suspect a bad wheel speed sensor.. Is the ABS light on? I see that you said no codes but is that only no codes in the PCM? Are there any codes in the ABS module? When monitoring with a scantool does the cruise show engaged also if you will monitor it with a scantool what does it show for cruise denied status? It will show what is causing the cruise not to engage, let me know what is shows..

Talk soon,

Brad