-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a dodge ram 1500 year 2004, my truck not star after

Customer Question

Hi, i have a dodge ram 1500 year 2004, my truck not star after switch, y have a viper 7351V alarm, looks the alarm are cuting the current, i put in valet mode my alarm and not switch
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes i checked 20a fuses and baterry
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ok, i try to bypass the RL 40 with a short cable between the 86 and 30 twrminal
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I try to put in valet my alarm but not fix
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The alarm you installed will have you cut the yellow ignition switch wire and run the alarm to the cut wires.. To determine if this is a vehicle or alarm issue simply reinstall the yellow wires together and see if it will start.. If yes then you have a bad alarm, if no then you have an issue with the vehicle and not the alarm..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi thanks for your comments, please let me know if the yellow wire is the one that are connected to the relay RL-40? Or the one that are plugged to the alarm box
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here is another picture, i cut the yellow wire near than the relay and nothing happens, pleasw let me know more tips
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon...

The alarm is connected to the vehicle at the steering column harness.. On the steering column harness you will need to locate the yellow factory wire that has been cut, once you locate the cut wire then jump the yellow wire together and see if it will start..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, finally i found both yellow wires, it was connected to the relay, i put both yellow wires connected, switch the truck with out fix. When i switch to start i can see that the odometer level moves in the oppositive way.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Does it start and run?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No not start and not run. I want to tell you that the remote is working to open and close doors too, but when i switch to start my dodge not start
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Ok if you connected the yellow wire and the engine will crank but not start then you will need to start with the basics, see if it has fuel psi and spark that will tell you which direction to head to get it started..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok it will take me more time, i will replay 30min later, keep wait pleasw
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, i give current direct to the generator it try to run but the gas bump are not giving fuel. So the alarm are cuting current to the gas bump. Please let me know next step
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Did you say you jumped 12v to the generator? Why did you do this? If you have the yellow wire connected the alarm has nothing to do with the no start. Do you have spark and fuel psi? What codes are in the PCM?