Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Gettng code P0868 and won't shift into any gear. It's a 2011

Customer Question

Gettng code P0868 and won't shift into any gear. It's a 2011 with 80K miles.
JA: Has the transmission fluid been checked? If so, is it clean?
Customer: Just recently changed fluid and filter about 4 months ago. Look at fluid levels and they appear normal.
JA: What is the model of your '11 Dodge?
Customer: 1500 laramie
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can, but not looking forward to it. I haven't done anything yet. I was researching the issue.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing left to say.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Here is the diagnostic info for this code --->> Click Here to view <<---

This document lists the possible causes along with the diagnostic procedure to find the problem. From what you have described, I'm thinking about the possibility that the transmission filter is not sealed properly to the inlet of the front pump and it is sucking air and not fluid into the system causing the P0868 code to set. Other than that you may have an internal failure causing this. Pulling the pan should help to determine if anything has came apart. If there are chunks of debris in the pan then there definitely is a failure. If no chunks or metal filings, then likely something causing air to enter the pump such as an improperly installed filter...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks. I'll try pulling the pan and see if anything looks out of place.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Sounds good.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.