Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I just purchased a duringo all wheel drive 4x4. Is this all

Customer Question

I just purchased a duringo all wheel drive 4x4. Is this all wheel drive engaged all the time or is there a switch to turn it on and odd/
JA: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?
Customer: yes I do and no I haven't checked the pwr str fluid
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: where can I get a owner operator's manual for this critter as it didn't come with it this is a 2003 model.?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far? What confuses you?
Customer: I'm new to this all wheel drive unit as b/4 have always had regular 4-wheel dtive vechicles. trying to fix it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes can you send me a free owner operators manual for this 2003 all wheel drive model?
JA: The Dodge Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: hello are you still there or have we been disconnected?
JA: No. I'm the Dodge Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: well like I said I think the best place for me to start is to acquire N OWNER'S OPERATOR MANUAL FOR THIE VECHICLE . CAN THIS BE ACQUIRD THROUGH YOU GUYS ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** AWD vehicles are always in 4wheel drive, they use a viscous coupler in the transfer case to allow the front wheels to slip on pavement and when turning, there is no switch to go between 4wd and 2wheel drive, it is done automatically,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

I dont have the owners manuals ealier than 2004, but I can send you a copy of the 2004 durango, if you like?