-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I just purchased a duringo all wheel drive 4x4. Is this all

Customer Question

I just purchased a duringo all wheel drive 4x4. Is this all wheel drive engaged all the time or is there a switch to turn it on and odd/
JA: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?
Customer: yes I do and no I haven't checked the pwr str fluid
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: where can I get a owner operator's manual for this critter as it didn't come with it this is a 2003 model.?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far? What confuses you?
Customer: I'm new to this all wheel drive unit as b/4 have always had regular 4-wheel dtive vechicles. trying to fix it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes can you send me a free owner operators manual for this 2003 all wheel drive model?
JA: The Dodge Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: hello are you still there or have we been disconnected?
JA: No. I'm the Dodge Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: well like I said I think the best place for me to start is to acquire N OWNER'S OPERATOR MANUAL FOR THIE VECHICLE . CAN THIS BE ACQUIRD THROUGH YOU GUYS ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

If you have a All-Wheel drive then yes you are in 4wd all the time, and to select 4WD low you will need to move the shifter as you don't have 2WD mode.

DESCRIPTION

The NV244 is an electronically controlled full and part-time transfer case with no two wheel drive operation.

A differential in the transfer case is used to control torque transfer to the front and rear axles. A low range gear reduction system provides increased low speed torque capability for off road operation. The low range provides a 2.72:1 reduction ratio.

The geartrain is mounted in two aluminum case halves attached with bolts. The mainshaft front and rear bearings are mounted in aluminum retainer housings bolted to the case halves.

OPERATING RANGES

NV244 operating ranges are:

• AWD(All-Wheel Drive)
  • 4HI (Part-time)
  • 4LO
  • NEUTRAL

The AWD mode can be used at any time and on any road surface.

The 4HI (Part-time) and 4LO ranges are for off road use only. The only time these ranges can be used is when the road surface is covered with snow, ice, or other loose slippery material

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad