-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

It is making a clicking noise when I open my door and it did

Customer Question

It is making a clicking noise when I open my door and it did it after I started it also.
JA: Is the click coming from the starter itself?
Customer: I sounds like the dash.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2010 Dodge Journey
JA: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just started it today so right now I am just trying to find out where I need to be looking.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, everything else seems to be ok.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The clicking in the dash is from a bad HVAC door actuator. Have you noticed if your HVAC will not blow out vents, defroster, or if the heat isn't hot and the cool isn't cold? You will either need to locate the clicking and put your hand on the actuator to know which one is bad or you will need a scantool to communicate with the HVAC control head to see what DTC's are stored and to perform a HVAC recalibration test to see which actuator failed.. If you can find the clicking actuator then you can remove it and replace it yourself and save some cash.. But if you can't then there is no rush to have it repaired..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad