Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Just bought it used. No AC tried charging but I dont see the

Customer Question

hi there just bought it used. No AC tried charging but I dont see the compressor engaging or spinning
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: tried and it shows low. but not certain that's accurate without the compressor working
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2006 Sprinter 2500
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we just did this...and I signed up for the service....... reading about possible TIPM fuse box issues
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: other electronics seem to work ok except central locking too. it's weird
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- the ac compressor will not come on if the system has less than 25% of Freon in it

2- if you hook up the test gauges with ac off not running, what does the low side read , is at 100 psi ?

3- if the ac system is low , it will not kick in ,if you using the ac machine it will force the Freon in it ,but since no machine i m assuming u r using a Freon can to charge, you will have to jump the pressure switch or the compressor relay and jump it and get ac compressor running to help introduce Freon to system

4- you can try giving power to the system straight on compressor connector does compressor come on ?Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician