Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

I got a 2003 ram 3500 quad cab dually ,it starts fine idles

Customer Question

I got a 2003 ram 3500 quad cab dually ,it starts fine idles fine good throttle response and then you put it in either reverse or drive it then loads the motor and no throttle response oh ya 24 valve cummins motor now this problem happened all of sudden before it ran fine shifted fine overdrive worked and obd ii codes are p 0743, p0753 po748 I don't imagine all solonoids going out at same time but don't want to start guessing don't have money to waste any help would be appriciated
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: i listed them
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: would like to only checked a few connections
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 days ago.

Hi there.

I agree with you in that it's highly improbable that all solenoids went bad at the same time all of the sudden; I'm more inclined to think this is more of a current supply issue - either the control relay has lost power or the connector at the valve body has become loose or disconnected.

First thing I would do is check the connector at the valve body. If that checks out OK, then I would turn the ignition ON, take a voltmeter and check for voltage going through fuses % and 50 in the fuse box under the hood (IPM). If voltage OK, then I'd check the trans control relay (in the same box). Would you like me to upload a graphic with the location of the trans control relay and the two fuses?