Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

The drivers airbag seems to be bubbling up and the horn goes

Customer Question

the drivers airbag seems to be bubbling up and the horn goes off sometimes when driving.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 1999 stratus
JA: Are you fixing your Stratus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not done anything yet but plan on fixing it if I can
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. This is being caused by the covering on the air bag. It has become damaged by the sun and is swelling up under hot temperatures. This in turn puts pressure on the horn switch contacts and sets the horn off. The air bag/horn pad cover will need to be replaced, or if you cannot get that, then the air bag assembly will need to be replaced. You should be able to find one at the salvage /wrecking yard. Is this something you want to replace yourself? If so, please let me know and I will send you the procedure.

Chris

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want to add a new airbag. How do I get the old one off
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Stand by and I will send you the procedure.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Ok, I have put together the procedure for you. It is in that link below. Click on the link to see it. You can then print it out if necessary.

I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. Ifyou need further assistance, I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Here is the link:

Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, were you able to see my last reply?Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I have not heard back to see if you received my answer and the procedure I sent. Please let me know if you did or did not. I will send it again if necessary.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Good morning! Istill have not heard back to see if you received my answer and the procedure I sent yesterday afternoon. Please let me know if you did or did not. I will send it again if necessary. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Hello?? What happened?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, why won't you reply back to me?Chris