Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

Got in my 2004 dodge Dakota and turned the switch on and

Customer Question

Got in my 2004 dodge Dakota and turned the switch on and wouldn't start. I hear a clicking and the headlights are bright so I would guess the battery is good.any ideas?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- check for 12 volt on battery with a voltmeter to be sure

2- check starter relay ,in the under hood fuse box

3- check for 12 volts at the starter at the turn of switch from on to start do you have 12 volt at starter

please let me know

Thank You *****

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician