Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

On a 2001 dodge diesel 3500 truck has no power just like air

On a 2001 dodge diesel 3500 truck has no power just like air filter plugged up but then when it gets up to about 1500 rpm it gets power and takes off

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is or has the check engine light come on with this fault here at all or have fault codes been checked at all?

Has anything been checked,tested or replaced to try and locate or repair this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No codes and replaced fuel filter and air filter

Does it run better cold or warm at all?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.

Is this an automatic or manual transmission?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.

This is a tough one to pinpoint here.

I have seen issues with restricted exhaust components cause this issue like a dpf filter as some have or restricted catalytic converter or resonator in the exhaust that causes a loss of power that feels like a plugged engine air filter.In most cases this can cause a lack of power at all times but in some cases it can cause a lack of power at low rpms or on take off.If you have not had the exhaust checked/tested this should be done to see if one of the exhaust components is the cause here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete