-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I dont get defrost all I have is the front vents, 2006 dodge

Customer Question

i dont get defrost all I have is the front vents
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2006 dodge ram 2500 5.9 cummins
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I have dash pulled apart and spent the $200 on the heater control and found last night that didn't work
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: its not a problem with heat or AC i cant get the vents to change they are stuck on the front vents and wont change to Defrost or Floor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 days ago.

It sounds like your mode door actuator or door itself is bad.. Have you checked it? The heating-A/C system is equipped with two mode door actuators, one for the panel/floor-air door and one for the defrost-air door.

I have attached the directions to access the mode door actuator. I would see if the actuator is moving when you move it from vent to floor/defroster and if not then I would replace the actuator, and if it is moving then remove the actuator and see if you can spin the door all the way around and if you can then the door is broke and the HVAC assy will need to be removed to replace the mode door..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,