Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Dodge I have a 1983 dodge ramcharger that I just replace the

Customer Question

I have a 1983 dodge ramcharger that I just replace the
engine in with a freshly built 360. When I put the truck in reverse, it will spit, sputter , and buck and then usually die. I put it in drive and it spits and sputters until the rpms come up around 2000 and it runs better but still not great. It has a tf 727 and everything worked fine until I changed the engine and now it won't shift from 2nd to 3rd. The only thing I did to the trans was fluid change and filter and front seal replacement. The engine has a high rise single plane aluminum intake and a Holley 600 cfm carb. It came complete from oil pan to carb, and ROM water pump to the distributor. Original distributor is a dual pickup and the new distributor is a single pickup. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Make sure nothing was left disconnected like transmission wiring or any vacuum hoses as this can cause this type of fault here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete