Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

The engine warmup coil light never goes off and the engine

Customer Question

The engine warmup coil light never goes off and the engine won't start but the fan runs
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The preheating coil light
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2006 sprinter 2500
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well this happened last week too- so we put coolant in (I think there may be a leak) and that worked. We just put more coolant in and it's not turning
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should be all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 month ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Please post a reply if you still need help with this and I'll be happy to help...

I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Robert