Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

The A/County controller was okay. No leaks. I didn't notice

Customer Question

The A/County controller was okay. No leaks. I didn't notice any vacuum leaks. What else if any thing else under the hood would have any effect on the vacuum.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.
Hey man how are you
On the floor under driver side there is valve that goes bad that could be a problem
You caught I m away from my laptop on my iPhone ,when get home later I will send you what I have on it
Chad

Check all these connection

1996 Dodge or Ram Truck 1500 4x2 Pickup V8-360 5.9L Magnum

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

1. Unplug the vacuum supply line at the intake manifold. 2. Note the orientation of the check valve in the vacuum line for correct installation. The black colored end of the valve should be oriented towards the intake manifold, and the natural colored end towards the vacuum reservoir. 3. Unplug the valve from the vacuum supply line fittings. 4. Reverse the removal procedures to install.

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. 2. Remove the windshield wiper arms from the wiper pivots. Refer to - Wiper and Washer Systems for the procedures. 3. Remove the weatherstrip along the front edge of cowl plenum cover/grille panel.

6. Unplug the vacuum supply line from the vacuum reservoir. 7. Remove the two screws that secure the reservoir to the right side of the cowl plenum panel. 8. Remove the vacuum reservoir. 9. Reverse the removal procedures to install.

NOTES: - To maintain the performance level of the heating-air conditioning system, the engine cooling system must be properly maintained. - The use of a bug screen is not recommended. Any obstructions in front of the radiator or condenser will reduce the performance of the air conditioning and engine cooling systems. HEATER AND AIR CONDITIONER All vehicles are equipped with a common heater-A/C housing assembly. The system combines air conditioning, heating, and ventilating capabilities in a single unit housing mounted under the instrument panel. On heater-only systems, the evaporator coil is omitted and replaced with an air restrictor plate. Outside fresh air enters the vehicle through the cowl top opening at the base of the windshield, and passes through a plenum chamber to the heater-A/C system blower housing. Air flow velocity can then be adjusted with the blower motor speed selector switch on the heater-A/C control panel. The air intake openings must be kept free of snow, ice. leaves, and other obstructions for the heater-A/C system to receive a sufficient volume of outside air. The heater and optional air conditioner are blend-air type systems. In a blend-air system, a blend-air door controls the amount of unconditioned air (or cooled air from the evaporator on models with air conditioning) is allowed to flow through, or around, the heater core. A temperature control knob on the heater-A/C control panel determines the discharge air temperature by moving a cable, which operates the blend-air door. This allows an almost immediate manual control of the system's output air temperature. The mode control switch on the heater-A/C control panel is used to direct the conditioned air to the selected system outlets. The mode control switch uses engine vacuum to control the mode doors by operating vacuum actuator motors. On air conditioned vehicles, the outside air intake can be shut off by selecting the recirculation mode with the mode control switch. This will open a vacuum actuated recirculating air door and recirculate the air that is already inside the vehicle. The optional air conditioner for all models is designed for the use of non-CFC, R-134a refrigerant. The air conditioning system has an evaporator to cool and dehumidify the incoming fresh or recirculated air prior to blending it with the heated air. This air conditioning system uses a fixed orifice tube in the condenser outlet line to meter refrigerant flow to the evaporator coil. To maintain minimum evaporator temperature and prevent evaporator freezing, a fixed pressure setting switch on the accumulator cycles the compressor clutch.

HEATER AND AIR CONDITIONER CONTROLS Both the heater and heater-A/C systems use a combination of mechanical, electrical, and vacuum controls. These controls provide the vehicle operator with a number of setting options to help control the climate and comfort within the vehicle. Refer to the owner's manual for more information on the suggested operation and use of these controls. The heater-only or heater-A/C control panel is located to the right of the instrument cluster on the instrument panel. The control panel contains a rotating-type temperature control knob, a rotating-type mode control switch knob, a rotating-type blower motor switch knob, and the Message Center. For more information on the Message Center. The heater-only or heater-A/C control panel cannot be repaired. If faulty or damaged, the entire unit must be replaced. The control knobs and Message Center bulbs are available for service replacement. CIRCUIT OPERATION This information of the wiring diagrams covers the operation of the Heater only and the Heater-A/C systems. Several fuses supply power for the A/C-Heater system. Fuse B, a 20 amp, from the Power Distribution Center (PDC) supplies battery voltage on circuit F31 to the contact side of the A/C compressor clutch relay. Circuit F31 is HOT at all times. In the START or RUN position, the ignition switch connects circuit A1 from fuse 3 in the PDC to circuit A21. Circuit A21 feeds fuse 9, a 10 amp, in the fuse block. Circuit F18 connects from fuse 9 to the coil side of the A/C compressor clutch relay In the RUN position only, the ignition switch connects circuit A2 from fuse 2, a 40 amp, in the PDC to circuit A22. Circuit A22 supplies voltage to the coil side of the blower motor relay. Circuit E2 from fuse 13 in the fuse block powers the illumination lamps in the A/C heater control switch. When the A/C-Heater control switch is moved to an A/C position or the defrost position, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) receives the A/C select signal on circuit C90. Circuit C90 connects to PCM cavity C23. If the A/C low pressure and high pressure switches are CLOSED, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) receives the A/C request signal on circuit C20. Circuit C20 connects to cavity C22 of the PCM. After receiving the A/C request signal, the PCM supplies ground for the coil side of the A/C clutch relay on circuit C13. Circuit C13 connects to cavity C1 of the PCM. Circuit F18 supplies battery voltage to the coil side of the relay. Circuit F31 from fuse B in the Power Distribution Center (PDC) supplies voltage to the contact side of the relay When the PCM grounds the A/C compressor clutch relay, the contacts CLOSE and connect circuits F31 and C3. Circuit C3 supplies voltage to the A/C compressor clutch. Ground for the compressor clutch is provided on circuit Z11. The A/C compressor clutch connector has a built-in diode. The diode controls the induced voltage that results from the magnetic field collapsing when the clutch disengages. The diode provides a current path to protect other components and systems.

Please let me know if that works for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician