-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My Dodge charger will not start. The anti theft light goes

Customer Question

my Dodge charger will not start. The anti theft light goes on and beeps. it wont turn over..i cant roll down windows or turn on radio. All im able to do is lock and unlock the car
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: tow truck driver checked the battery and the fuses..all working how do i reset the computer
JA: What year is your Charger?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am not. i am trying to find out if anyone knows what might be wrong so i can hopefully estimate the cost to fix it replaced the battery in the key fob, checked all fuses and tested the battery. also tried to jump start the car, it did nothing all the car is showing is the red light on the dash which is the anti theft light and a beep.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The red light means either your key is bad or you have a bad WIN module which is the part you stick your key into.. The proper way to diagnose this is to see what codes are in the WIN module with a scantool, but if you don't have one then your only option is to try a spare key to rule out a bad key or if you don't have one then you will need to call a mobile locksmith out and have him program you a new key.. if this doesn't work you will likely need a new WIN module..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad