Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Where can I find pix and positions of relays on 91 dodge

Customer Question

where can I find pix and positions of relays on 91 dodge B250--also fuselink amperage per color
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 200k
JA: What is the model of your '91 Dodge?
Customer: batt excelent
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: b250
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: van quit on way home---did the five click on ign read code as "42" ASD not working--got asd relay and put in wrong plug blew small orange fuselink( what other damage I did unknown)---repaired with 10amp fuse---located ASD relay and replaced it---turns over--has spark--has fuel will not run/start--can not find proper pix of engine compartment relays and/or what they for---found pix close to what I need but the relay is not identified----here's site----https://www.google.com/search?q=91+dodge+b250+relays+location&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=923&tbm=isch&imgil=984C529n5Mh_hM%253A%253B2_FUoU5EDfLN5M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.intrepidcreativity.com%25252Freverse%25252Fdodge-van-repair%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=984C529n5Mh_hM%253A%252C2_FUoU5EDfLN5M%252C_&usg=__Cz87QTwm38majnzvpUhiLCB3sXY%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjn1YuIqOLPAhWJez4KHQKvDfgQyjcIKQ&ei=hQMFWKf_Oon3-QGC3rbADw#tbm=isch&q=91+dodge+b250+relays+location&imgrc=Xgr3lumfCaVIpM%3A----had replaced smec (from my other van) with another I had but same results
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases this info will have to be obtained from a dealer or local repair center that works on this model here.They may charge a fee for this info.One of the best places I have found to locate all diagrams,repair and diagnostic info as well as locations is from https://www.alldatadiy.com/.

They do charge a small fee but the fee is good for one year and will cover all that is available for your year and model on diagrams,locations,diagnostics and repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I eliminated a few issues and came down to this--the original ADS relay is functioning correctly---I back tracked to that point after testing various relays (and the new one) and found them functioning---continuing on have found that the SMEC (ECM) is not grounding the ASD--- K14 line to 1-12, 2-3 on SMEC--- this terminal shows ground when ign switch is OFF---when ign is ON no ground therefore ASD can not function (the DK18-- 1-58 SMEC terminal provides power when ign is on)---what (items,switchs,relays,sensors) have to be satisfied for the SMEC to operate the grounding of the ASD relay??? I need to know what "SEQUENCE OF EVENTS" (items,switchs,relays,sensors) that have to be satisfied for the SMEC to ground the ASD to operate.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NO PHONE
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Looking through my info unfortunately it doesnt tell me what needs to be seen or done to satisfy to operate this here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does anybody know how or what functions are performed by the ECM (SMEC) as in what ones are input sensor and what ones are output sensors?????????? such as "MAP SENSOR"-----input or output
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** only way the SMEC does not ground that wire,is if there is an antitheft command to the computer, have you had it on a scanner yet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NO and there's no antitheft---91 DODGE B250----REALLY????
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

these did not come with antitheft, but chrysler used the same computer in this as models with antitheft, and it is very common for itto think the antitheft is set, even though you dont have it, i have seen this over 100 times in the 1990 nd 1991 models, its very common, in 1992, they used a dedicated computer for each model, you need to put it on a scanner and see if anti theft is enabled, if so, then the ecm will need to be replaced,Tim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why would this be activate while driving?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

it gets a glitch in the computer, it happens alot in 1990 and 1991, in 1992, they fixed the glitch,that is why you need a scanner with datasream capabilties to see it, to either verify it, or rule it out,Tim