-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Codes po652 p2127 P2138 after computer update and gas pedal

Customer Question

codes po652 p2127 P2138 after computer update and gas pedal assembly replaced runs in limp mode
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: starts ok but gas hog
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2012 hemi
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: been to repair shop and dealer so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

By the looks of the codes you didn't relearn the ETC with a scantool.. If you didn't this will need to be done in order to re-gain your throttle. We(dealership) charge 1 hr labor which is around $110.00 to relearn this for you..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All codes were cleared after replacing throttle pedal assembly. Ran fine for a few days but problem reappeared. Cleared codes again and went to dealer and had computer updated. There were 4 updates, mostly on 4WD. Ran fine for a few days and codes reappeared. Each time truck has gone into limp mode and " service 4WD" appears. Left it sit over weekend once when in limp mode and started and ran fine for a few days. Apart from the fact this is getting expensive, I no longer trust this vehicle and it only has 61,000 km on it.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

I have been researching and your codes are voltage low and high meaning it could be a wiring problem.. I have attached a few bulletins you will need to follow to see if you have a wiring issue..

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just returned from an extended visit to service dept. with my truck. The issue of the voltage to do with gas pedal keeps returning and on closer examination and verifying the calibrations I am being told the ECM needs to be replaced. Not impressed.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

If the ETC has been relearned with a scantool and you continue to get voltage low/high codes I would check the wiring first and then if that has been checked then I would replace the PCM. If the dealership quoted you a new PCM then if that doesn't fix it the dealership has to eat whatever it will take to repair it..

Have a great day,

Brad