bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert

The windshield wipers on my '99 Dodge Ram 2500 stop randomly

Customer Question

The windshield wipers on my '99 Dodge Ram 2500 stop randomly at various positions on the windshield whenever turned off, either by the intermittent wiper selection or when I turn them of myself. I have to turn them on and off several times until they happen to stop at or close to the bottom of the windshield.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Yes the windshield wipers work. It is only the return to park position that is faulty.
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Viewing this website is my first step. From my reading, I believe it is narrowed down to either a defective motor (park sense switch), or the front motor control module.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO that's it.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 10 days ago.

the front control module has nothing to do with the wiper park, it provides the power to the motor that's all

the park sense switch is what controls where the wipers stop or park, you have a failed switch inside the motor and the motor needs to be replaced.

chances are the switch has stuck in the closed position and cuts power immediately when the switch is turned off it was common back when your truck was new as back then the switch was mechanical whereas now it's electronic

this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service

each expert is an independent "contractor" and is only paid for their time when you rate the service 3 stars or higher

any positive ratings allow me to assist you with this question in the future if you need, if you have further questions please ASK, I am here to help as well as I can