Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified

I took it to ammco for a transmission problem they tested

Customer Question

I took it to ammco for a transmission problem they tested the computer system but left the injector pump connector pump loose i was having loosing throttle intermittently then loosed it totally and check engine light came on checked codes got P1689, P1690, & P1688 plug the pump back in all the way cleared the codes and rechecked now only have P1689 bad computer. But I don't want to replace the computer just to find out it's the injector pump module so I trying to find a test procedure to test the module.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 99 3500
JA: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 13 days ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Robert R replied 10 days ago.

I have been researching your concern and now have a bit of information for you...Let me know if you are missing any info or need an explanation of anything posted here...

Sorry for the delayed response, here is the diagnostic procedure for that last code. It should help to narrow down either the PCM or the Injection Pump. Most likely failure for this code is the Injection pump if all wiring tests out good...

here is the Diagnostic Procedure --->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,