Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2009 Dodge Journey and the Electronic Throttle

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Dodge Journey and the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) just start coming on. Car loses power/throttle and almost cuts off. I ran the codes on it and received back the following: 1. P1628 - Sensor Reference Voltage 2 Erratic. 2. P0652 - Sensor Reference Voltage 2 Circuit Low. 3. P0430 - Catalyst 2/1 Efficiency. I bought the care used recently with about 140k miles on it and just replaced the battery, battery cables, and starter. Hope you can help. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. I can send you a diagnostic procedure for those codes when I get to work in about 45 minutes. Hopefully that will help you out. Sounds like a wiring harness problem maybe.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for quick initial response. I also have an issue with intermittent no-starts. This is why we did a full tune-up, replaced the battery, battery cables, and a starter, thinking it was related to one of those issues. Still have the intermittent no start issue (about 2-3 times a week) and the ETC issue just started yesterday out of left field. Thanks.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome. I will get back to you asap.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Which engine do you have in your Journey?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
V6 (AWD)
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Ok thanks. Be right back.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Ok, here is the P1628 in the link below. Click on it.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Here is the P0652

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

And this link contains the P0430 diag.

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.
I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. Ifyou need further assistance, I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you! Chris
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What about the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) symbol I'm getting?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

That is a product of the reference voltage codes. Once those are fixed, the ETC symbol should go away.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

When you get a chance, would you kindly rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Good morning! Just checking back to see how it is going. I was hoping that when you get a chance, would you kindly rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!

Chris
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey Chris, still need an answer on the intermittent no start on the Dodge Journey. We replaced the starter and battery and we still have the issue. Do you have an idea of what could be causing that issue? Seem like my issues all started with this issue. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Intermittent no start? I thought that the problem was " Car loses power/throttle and almost cuts off. I ran the codes on it and received back the following: 1. P1628 - Sensor Reference Voltage 2 Erratic. 2. P0652 - Sensor Reference Voltage 2 Circuit Low. 3. P0430 - Catalyst 2/1 Efficiency."

You never mentioned a no start issue.

Chris