-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I own a 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi 5.7L. I am trying to hook

I own a 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi 5.7L. I am trying to hook up my trailer lights. I have rewired the entire trailer. Made sure my ground wire is cleaned and on bare metal. Have changed out the light bulbs themselves. Replaced the flat 4 connection and have had the local trailer shop test my connection on my truck to be sure and all is well. I have also added a 20A fuse to the M2 Trailer Light and 10A to the M4 Trailer/Tow in my fuse box. When my headlights are off I get the hazards/blinkers to work but no running lights and when I turn my headlights on, I get nothing at all. Any ideas?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs? Soon. I'm trying to find the right Dodge Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: There were no fuses initially so I put the two in stated in the other email. I have replaced all bulbs and they all work when truck lights are off. Yes, I am working by myself so far. Thanks for you help.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing that I can think of.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Can I get your VIN number so I can grab the trailer wiring for your vehicle? Also did it come factory with trailer tow wiring or did you add it?

Talk soon,

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The wiring was already installed when I bought the truck and have had a shop check it with a 7 flat hookup with led lights. It tested positive for all.

Sorry for the delay!

Ok I attached the trailer tow wiring for your vehicle.. The TIPM which is the fuse box under the hood supplies 12v to the lights and it likely has codes in it fore trailer tow lights.. Now you said you added a fuse? Where did you add a fuse?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I added a 20A to the trailer light fuse spot and a 10A to the M4 Trailer/tow fuse spot.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Still had the same results

Good morning, sorry for the delay..

If you don't have voltage coming out of the TIPM then it's either got codes which will turn off the circuit to protect itself or the TIPM has a bad circuit board. There are no fuses for the trailer tow so adding them will not cure the issue, you will need a scantool to see what codes are in the TIPM as well as to erase them so the circuit will turn back on.. If the TIPM has a bad circuit board you will also need a scantool to program the new TIPM..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,