-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Shwing code P229f,engine light on ,truck running fine 2015

Customer Question

shwing code P229f,engine light on ,truck running fine 2015 6.7 with 27t miles
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: have ck to see what code showing p229f,witch tells me its a nox ? issue
JA: What is the model of your '15 Dodge?
Customer: 6.7 mega cab 2015 with 27 thousand miles
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have tried nothing ,did not wont to take to dealer if its a fix I can handle ?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no sir. truck running fine engine light came on this past Tuesday.ck to see what the code was and its showing p229f
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The code you have is P229F-AFTERTREATMENT NOx SENSOR CIRCUIT PERFORMANCE - BANK 1 SENSOR 2. It could be a bad NOx sensor but in order to properly diagnose it you will need a scantool, or you could just take a chance and replace the NOx sensor and see if it fixes it.. I can give you the diagnostics if you want to try and follow them to see what the problem is..

Talk soon

Brad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
were on the exhaust system is this bank 1 sendsor 2 at.and can it be purchased at a dealer or auto parts
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no time today.but can you tell me were this item is located at on the truck ?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

The sensor in question is located Downstream NOx sensor located in the outlet side of the SCR Catalyst. I would purchase it from your local Dodge dealership..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

To better help I have attached the removal directions..

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can it be removed and cleaned
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Sure you can try it, but only blow it out with compressed air and don't spray it with anything or you will for sure need another one..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Don't forget to rate so I get credit for helping... And if you need more help feel free to reply anytime..

Have a good one,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help?