rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Here's one I don't think you can answer, since dodge cannot,

Customer Question

here's one I don't think you can answer, since dodge cannot, but I'll give you a try. I have a 2011 2500 dodge with cumin's diesel engine. It keeps stalling, like going along at 50 mph and somebody put the choke on full. no power, speed drop from 50 to 15, engine is turning over but will not answer throttle increase, an can then just pick up and run okay. it did a constant stall for 5 miles last Friday and had done this for the previous 6 months but it did it constantly from the time I bought I until 6 months ago. Dodge said that no error codes, no can fix. I am ready to get ride of it because it is too dangerous to use on the road. I have had it into dodge many, many times for this stalling problem, but they cannot get it to stall and they put 500 miles on it. Any idea?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

They need to attach a data logger to the computer connection and let you put about 20 hours of driving.

This will capture the data from when it does this problem to you.

Then you return to the dealer or shop so they can attach the data logger to their PC and go right to the problem that is occurring when your stalling occurs.

I do this all the time with intermittent problems like yours.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

You can also buy one of these plug and p[lay tools off Amazon for about $50.00 from OTC.

This tool is guaranteed to see what the computer is doing when you stall out.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars for putting you in the right direction. Also, keep this link in case you need me again later on. I don't get credit for helping you until you rate me.

Thanks again, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron