-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

P2457 code on my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500, diesel pickup. I have

Customer Question

P2457 code on my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500, diesel pickup . I have an updated (aftermarket) EGR cooler, which is CA CARB approved. I have been told many things from the EGR cooler not working, EGR Valve to programming update from Dodge. Any ideas.
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 89,000 miles, about 3,000 miles ago.
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and No..lol I have a local shop doing some of the work. Just wondering if this something I should take to dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

This test will fail if the EGR Temperature is greater than a calibrated threshold for a calibrated period of time when the EGR Bypass Valve is closed. This monitor protects the system from a failed EGR Cooler. It could be a bad temp sensor, bad EGR cooler, low on coolant, EGR codes, etc..

To find the issue you will need to follow the diagnostic chart I have attached..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad