-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2003 Ram 1500 4X4 4.7l. I have ram my original

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ram 1500 4X4 4.7l. I have ram my original battery until recently. I took my truck to get aligned and they left the key on and drained the battery (it did have excessive corrosion on the ground stud but I left it alone because is was not causing issues). The alignments shop took it upon themselves to clean up and remove the battery in hopes of making a sale. I told them to leave the battery alone I would order an Optima Red Top. The shop had to jump my truck to start it and they KILLED the battery. The truck was down a few day with the battery out so I could clean around the engine bay while the battery was out. The battery was delivered Monday and since the battery has been installed I have no Speedometer function, Odometer function does not work, Emergency brake light stays illuminated, ABS light stays illuminated, no A/C function and who knows what else I haven't noticed yet. I had absolutely no issues with the truck before the battery change and the truck still runs, drives, and shifts properly...I just don't have these functions....all fuses are ok, checked the ABS module plug for moisture/dirt, removed the connectors and inspected for moisture and bad contacts....the truck shows no engine codes.....any Ideas?
Thank You,
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Do you know what codes are in the ABS module?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No codes are being thrown...
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Did you use a cheap code reader or a scantool? A cheap code reader will only retrieve ODBII information such as misfires and O2 sensors.. I would use the DRBIII here at the dealership to retrieve the codes.. Post them here when you get them..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

If you disconnect the battery for 2 min and reconnect does it still do the same thing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I used a BlueDriver OBDII scan tool.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
same results....have unhooked the battery for10-15 minutes at a time.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Yes it will only retrieve ODBII codes, you will need an actual scantool to retrieve the ABS codes.. Once you get them post the P codes here so I can help you get it fixed..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK....Thanks Brad....it will be tomorrow before I can get you that info.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Ok just post them here when you get them so I can see what is going on..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hey Brad....I had our service facility scan the system and he said he couldn't get a response from the Body Control Module?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

If there is no communication with the BCM then you will need to check the 12v and ground to the BCM and if good then replace the BCM..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where is the BCM located?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Actually your 2003 DR Ram doesn't have an actual BCM, the ElectroMechanical Instrument Cluster (EMIC) is your BCM for your model..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks....I was afraid you were going to say that...Thank you for all of your help.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

You are very welcome!!

Thank you for the positive rating,

Brad