Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

My 2004 Stratus was broken into.they tried to steal it but

Customer Question

My 2004 Stratus was broken into.they tried to steal it but could not get it started.I replaced the ignition immobilizer which was broken,lock cylinder was ok,but the security light flashes,will not start.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: I'm talking about the ignition lock cylinder,not the brake cylinder.
JA: Are you fixing your Stratus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced the ignition immobilizer,and yes I am repairing myself.Tried disconnecting the battery,still no start with the security light flashing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to know if thers some thing I can do without taking to dealer.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 8 days ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Where did you source the Immobilizer Module at?

After replacement of the Immobilizer Module, did you program it to the vehicle??

Did you program your keys to the replacement Immobilizer Module?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,