Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

P2459 code, no turbo, P2459 - 2015 dodge ram 3500 with 7.3

Customer Question

p2459 code, no turbo
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: P2459 - 2015 dodge ram 3500 with 7.3 cummins - yes, code comes back very shortly
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaning the dpf,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should be it
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. This code sets if the PCM is seeing too many DPF regeneration cycles. Could be air or exhaust leaks, fuel system issue, or plugged DPF or cat. I have found a diagnostic procedure for you to look over. Hopefully it will give you some ideas and things to check.

Click on the link below to see the procedure.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

I hope that my information has been helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I get no credit for helping you, and I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you! Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer from yesterday. Let me know if you did or did not. I can send it again if necessary.Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Good morning! Just checking back to see how it is going. I was hoping that when you get a chance, would you kindly rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!

Chris