Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK

I shut my grand ccaravan off, and left the key turned to on

Customer Question

I shut my grand ccaravan off, and left the key turned to on with the radio playing. when I came back to start the car it will not start. The starter does not make any noise. all of the electronics and lights are bright,
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: It is in park, that was the first thing I checked. I do not know about the wheel lock feature, I just bought the car Thursday. it is a 2008 and has a funky key fob
JA: What is the model of your '08 Dodge?
Customer: grand caravn se
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I tried jump starting it. I had to leave it at the store and walk home
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 16 days ago.

You have drained the battery below its ability to operate the starter, charge your battery back up, should solve the issue, jump starting a totally dead battery does not work until there is a sufficient surface charge on the battery of at least 10 volts. Please rate my service, I will continue to answer your questions until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Battery test passed, what can you tell me about relay fuses
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 15 days ago.

Well there are fuses and there are relays but I have never used the term relay fuse