-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

2013 dodge challenger steering control module location? i am

Customer Question

2013 dodge challenger steering control module location? i am repairing this vehicle after a shop in dallas screwed it up after an accident. i could use a phone call as i have several questions about the steering system. i have a wiTech
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 17 days ago.

The SCCM(Steering Column Control Module) is also the clockspring on the Challenger..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 17 days ago.

The Steering Column Control Module (SCCM) is located near the top of the steering column below the steering wheel. The SCCM includes the steering column shroud (1), the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) (2), the clockspring (3), the multifunction switch (6), a steering column power tilt and telescope switch (5) for vehicles so equipped and a trim cover (4).

The SCCM is secured to the steering column by a unique mounting system using no external fasteners. The SCCM has two key stone features that snap into slots in the upper column jacket to secure the SCCM. In addition, a mechanical red indicator on the lower surface of the column shroud will be flush with the shroud surface when the SCCM is properly installed, but will stand proud of the shroud surface if the key stones are incompletely or improperly seated in the slots of the column jacket.

There are also unique lugs cast into the outer circumference of the steering wheel hub that must be engaged into slots within the inner circumference of the clockspring rotor hub to unlock and drive both the clockspring and the SAS, and the steering wheel must be tightened to specification to ensure proper clockspring and SAS function.

The SCCM includes an integral connector receptacle that faces toward the instrument panel and is connected to the vehicle electrical system through a single take out and connector of the instrument panel wire harness. The instrument panel wire harness take out has been intentionally provided with additional length to facilitate service removal and installation of the SCCM. However, following SCCM installation, this additional length must be pulled back and secured to the instrument panel structure to prevent the potential for undesirable rattling and buzzing noises while driving.

The SCCM shroud, the SAS, the clockspring, the multifunction switch, the steering column power tilt and telescopic switch, as well as the trim cover cannot be adjusted or repaired. If ineffective or damaged the entire SCCM must be replaced as a unit.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Expert:  -Brad- replied 15 days ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Expert:  -Brad- replied 15 days ago.