-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Rented a 2015 ram 2500 diesel. Got a message that exhaust

rented a 2015 ram 2500 diesel. Got a message that exhaust system service see dealer. Would run a little rough
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2015 with about 11,000 miles on it, almost brand new. I towed my RV from Denver to NC, filled up tice, plenty of DEF and it started running right so I pulled over due to message
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing it's rented from Enterprise Truck rental
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope curious what would cause this
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I filled up twice and after 2nd fill up on the return trip it started running rough so I pulled over due to the message

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

The message means the emission system has an issue witch needs to be addressed with a scantool to see what is going on.. If you have a code for bad DEF fluid then the DEF fluid will need to be drained and refilled with good DEF fluid.. If you have a code for SCR Catalyst performance then we have a software flash to correct this issue.. Since it's new I would have Enterprise rent a car bring it into us(Dealership) so we can get it fixed for you..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

I see you have read my replies, can you tell me if there is an issue with leaving a rating so I'm credited for helping?