Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I talked to you yesterday about my dogs caliber and it was

Customer Question

Hey Chris i talked to you yesterday about my dogs caliber and it was decided it was probably a bad cv half shaft well I have it removed what am I looking for to know if it's bad?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 17 days ago.

Look at the inner and outer cv joints. Spin a tire and look to see if each shaft rotates from one end to the other. If it does not, then the shaft is bad.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok so I inspected the shaft and it's fine I replaced the circlip just in case but it still isn't moving. If I put the car in gear and turn one pf my wheels the other one will turn unless the clutch is pushed in. My slave or master clutch cylinder work fine press feels fine resistance from shifting feels normal so my engine is not getting power to the transmission. I never smelled a burned clutch nor did it slip, iv taked to 2 other people who know a lot about cars one of which has built 3 and no one can figure out what it is...
Expert:  Chris replied 17 days ago.

Hmmm, well if you are sure that the axles are ok, then it has to be in the transmission. Maybe the input shaft failed/broke. At this point it appears as though you will need to pull the trans and continue the inspection.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Would the car be able to shift like normal to all gears if the input shaft is broken?
Expert:  Chris replied 17 days ago.

Actually yes. There just would be no power flow from the engine.