Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

The blower motor is stuck on high even when selector knob is

Customer Question

The blower motor is stuck on high even when selector knob is in off position. It will shut off when the truck is turned off. I have replaced the relay, blower motor and resistor.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Yes it's starting normal, and has 99,000
JA: What is the model of your '99 Dodge?
Customer: 2010 dakota
JA: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm trying to. I've tried the blower motor blower motor resistor and the HVAC relay
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you, I will send you a wiring diagram that may help you find your problem, this must be completing the circuit to do this.Having replaced those parts does it work on any other speeds that you select with the knob? If not I would suggest replacing the control Hope this gives switch as it may be shorted out completing the circuit. as you will see in the diagram the switch side provides the ground circuit. Hope this gives you some direction to start to find your problem and good luck. If you require further assistance I 'll be happy to do so.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've disconnected the switch and it stays on high
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello

is this a climate control or standard?

what happens if you disconnect just the resistor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Standard

has any thing bin added to the controll area? any work around that area? if it still stays on even with the switch removed then there must be short to ground in that wiring from the switch to the resistor look at the wiring diagram I sent and you will see the wire I'm talking about that feeds the high side that must be shoring out some where.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's working now I took everything apart a on the dash where the climate control module is and a fuse fell out. So I'm guessing this fuse was shorted out somewhere underneath the dash. All I know is that it's working now thanks for the schematic and the help

Obviously that's what it was providing that ground to completing the circuit before going through the controls. Cheers ***** ***** it and if you ever require further assistance I;ll be happy to do so. If you happy with my help please don't forget to rate my answer and thank you for using Just answer.