-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I have a dodge/ram van that cuts out when i'm driving I

Customer Question

I have a dodge/ram van that cuts out when i'm driving I change the fuel pump and the water pump i also check the sensor and it still cut off
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 19 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 19 days ago.

When it stalls are you loosing fuel psi or spark? Did you verify the fuel pump was bad before replacing it? What tests have been performed? Does the coil have 12v on the green/orange wire and a ground pulse on the other when cranking after it has stalled?

Talk soon,

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
it just cut off and don't wont to start, as for as the fuel pump goes i wasn't able to tell how much gas i had in the tank. but after awhile it will start but that do not last long.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 16 days ago.

It sounds like no testing has been performed.. I will need for you to tell me if your loosing spark or fuel psi when it stalls and then if it fuel then see if the fuel pump has 12v and ground, if it's spark then see if the coil has 12v on the green wire and a ground pulse on the other.. Also if the check engine light is o tell me what codes are setting..

Talk soon,

Expert:  -Brad- replied 15 days ago.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,