-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

My dodge journey in shipping port in india, I try to start

Customer Question

my dodge journey in shipping port in india , I try to start the car but it won't start , ignition turned on but steering lock not released ,, I think its in shipment mode, how do I can opesn unlock steering lock??????
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: no it's brand new car ,,and I checked battery also found like mint new condition
JA: What year is your Journey?
Customer: brand new 2016,, not yet registered ,,,, pdi also not done
JA: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: am tried to start but it won't, actually am a senior technician in bmw ,,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: but one thing SW shows in cluster display,,, I want to know how to start the car,,, if it is in shipment mode it can start or not??? if it is not start in shipment mode how can I start ?????? and how to unlock steering lock (ELV)?????
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 20 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 20 days ago.

Here is how to remove it from shipping mode:

New powernet vehicles eliminate the need for an IOD fuse, this change created the BCM shipping mode status. All powernet vehicles are shipped in this mode during transportation. Once received at your dealer you can follow the New Vehicle Standard Prep Process using the scan tool (located in the BCM). If the scan tool is not available you can also perform a manual method to get the vehicle out of the shipping mode. While inside the vehicle, depress the front defrost and list/enter button at the same time for 5 seconds taking the vehicle out of the ship mode. Be aware on some early built vehicles, the manual process may not work and the tool disable function must be used. Taking the vehicle out of shipping mode is completing the standard IOD prep process, thus eliminating the need for an IOD fuse.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I did convert to customer mode by launch x431 special tool ,but it's not get unlock steering ingnition only getting on, is there any way to remove manually that IOD fuse ??????
Expert:  -Brad- replied 20 days ago.

There is no IOD fuse.. Also when we receive vehicles off the truck they will start and run in shipping mode, then when we get inside the dealership we put it in customer mode and remove all the stickers and check the fluids. Will the engine start?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Okk i try now and catch you master, thank you
Expert:  -Brad- replied 20 days ago.

Have a great day,

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I pressed front defroster and select bitton for 5 minutes ...shipment mode only shows on cluster display...and steering lock , not released..i want to know how to do it IOD Deactivate
Expert:  -Brad- replied 19 days ago.

You need to press defrost and enter for 5 seconds not 5 minutes.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i did what you said!!.. but not working..just tell me one thing ...why steering lock not opeaning...even in ignition on????????....... Tell me the manual procedure to do IOD PROB PROCESS
Expert:  -Brad- replied 18 days ago.

The new Chrysler Telematics Platform (CTP) vehicles no longer have a IOD fuse to use when transporting or storing for a
long period of time. The BCM has a mode that takes the place of pulling the IOD fuse called "Shipping Mode".
The new CTP vehicles will come from the factory in "Shipping Mode".
To enable/disable the "Shipping Mode" function press and hold the "Front Defrost and Enter/Browse" for 5 seconds.
You can also enable/disable the vehicle from "Shipping Mode" by using the scan tool, go to BCM then Misc. function.