Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My 2006 Dodge cummins 2500 is burning oil, with what seems

Customer Question

hello I'm ***** ***** and my 2006 Dodge cummins 2500 is burning oil, with what seems like excessive blow-by from my oil cap an dipstick as well as from under the truck from a tub of some sort. im new to 5.9 cummins and I have no idea what to do.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: three days ago.
JA: Are you fixing your B2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: all I have tried so far is changing the oil. Im not sure what else to do.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 24 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The first steps we need to do are. Check the air filter and box to see if its aftermarket and or not sealing well. Aftermarket air intake systems will dust a diesel and ruin the engine. Remove the air intake tube from the turbo and use a flashlight to look at the turbo fins. If they are shiny and very smooth then dust has been ingested and the rings and cylinder walls are likely worn. The next step would be a compression test. Can you do these things and report back?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 18 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris