sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 w/ 6.7 L cummins. It would

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 w/ 6.7 L cummins. It would intermittently lose power steering. So I replaced the power steering pump. Now it has a mind of its own. The front brakes now apply on their own. You can drive it one time 10 miles and the front brakes only apply on their own and wont release. Then the next time you might make it 70 miles and it will happen. I have since replaced the booster twice, the master cylinder twice, both front calipers. Both front brake lines from the frame to the caliper. I have flushed several oz's of brake fluid through the system and the problem continues. Any ideas?(I am a mechanic by trade)
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the front brakes only are applying it shouldn't be related to replacing the power steering pump, although it's possible that a pressure issue in the hydroboost system could be partially applying the brakes just enough that the fronts are dragging and rear are not. It's more likely to be a brake system issue though.

What actual symptoms do you experience?

Where did the replacement pump come from?