-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

When I use the remote to unlock my 2008 Dodge Ram megacab,

Customer Question

When I use the remote to unlock my 2008 Dodge Ram megacab
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: once for driver door push button twice for the other three doors . Well when I do that the driver side opens but the other three will not and when I get frustrated after trying I put the key in the door to unlock it and the alarm goes off.
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes first time . already changed out battery on remote and that's pretty much it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well I wanted to kno is it something I can do? Or will I have to take it to the dodge deals hip
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 25 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 25 days ago.

Alarm (VTSS) goes off when unlocking doors with a key. Door lock cylinders no longer have door
disarm circuits. The security alarm can only be disarmed with a programmed key registered to the
vehicle. Once the alarm has been triggered, and valid unlock lock request is required by remote or by
inserting a programmed key into the ignition and turning it to the run position. Changes to the door
lock disarm functions improved the vehicles security allowing only the vehicles electronic systems to
disarm with a valid programmed key.

Will the remote lock and unlock the doors? If you manually unlock all the doors will they all lock with the remote? Or will the drivers door the only dor that will lock/unlock with the remote?

Talk soon,

Expert:  -Brad- replied 23 days ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,