Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Have pad the gas to crank 2007 dodge sprinter 3.0, Runs fine

Customer Question

Have pad the gas to crank 2007 dodge sprinter 3.0
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Runs fine all the pressure level are good just when starting
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is or has the check engine light come on with this issue here at all or have fault codes been checked at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Map and mass air flow
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Do you feel a lack of power when accelerating?

Any abnormal hiss noises at all?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nope runs good
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Was the map or mass air flow sensor replaced?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Them the codes showing where the map sensor laction
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My info isnt giving me a picture of the map sensor location to post here but the egr cooler usually needs removed to access it on the engine.Usually when you have codes for mass air flow and map sensor issues it is the map sensor that is causing both of the codes with the map sensor needing replaced.

When you purchase the sensor the dealer or parts store you purchase it from can usually show you where it is located.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

Hello I am just checking in with you to see if there is anything else I can help with here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.