sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 02 dodge with cummins diesel will drop to a idle but keep

Customer Question

my 02 dodge with cummins diesel will drop to a idle but keep running while running on road,all i do is push in the clutch, turn off the engine, wait about 30 sec. ( not even stoping ) it will start and run ok. why?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  David Gieswein replied 2 months ago.
  • Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help. Can you please explain the issue a little better? I don't quite understand what your issue is from the discription

Opting out due to a no response from customer condition

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that will cause it to return to the idle governor including the cam sensor, injector pump, MAP sensor, accelerator pedal position sensor, and wiring to any of the components.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see what codes are setting in the ECM. Do you know what codes are setting?