Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2008 Dodge Avenger - Rear brake lights / rear turn signals /

Customer Question

2008 Dodge Avenger - Rear brake lights / rear turn signals / rear hazards not working (with the exception of the high-mount brake light, which is working when brake pedal is depressed). Forward turn signals blink fast when turn signal is engaged, and blink normally when hazard button is engaged. Cruise control switch completely inoperative.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: I have not checked the brake fluid and I'm not sure when it was last changed. Last heavy maintenance on the car was a year ago at the dealership.
JA: Are you fixing your Avenger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am planning on fixing it myself. I've checked for blown fuses, and all seem to be fine. I've researched replacing the multifunction switch, brake light switch, and flasher relay. I've purchased a new multifunction switch and brake light switch and plan to change them out tomorrow.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: One thing. After the normal chimes occur after I start the car, a single chime is heard a few seconds later, but there is no dash indication illuminates.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Have you checked the computer for codes?

Can I start by getting your VIN?

Thank you!