sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Have a 1993 dodge Dakota with a no start problem. No fuel

Customer Question

Hi, Have a 1993 dodge Dakota with a no start problem. No fuel pump pressure. Fuel pump relay does cycle. Auto shutdown relay cycles. Drove into the driveway and no restart. I did put in a fuel pump assy still no restart but the gas gauge works now which hasn't for some time so that wasn't a complete waste of money.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: There is over 100000 miles on it but it has been running great . It does have spark too.
JA: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am Checked for spark , good. checked for fuel pressure none . Removed pickup box and replaced fuel pump-gauge assy.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can recall.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the fuel pump relay does click yet the fuel pump doesn't run and is new then you either have a loss of ground to the fuel pump, loss of power to the relay, or there may be a wiring issue between the relay and pump. The first thing you would need to do is test for power and ground at the pump, or you can check to see how many terminals at the relay have power with the key in the crank position. Has either of these been done?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you have a complete wiring diagram and location chart for this?

I have all necessary service information for the vehicle.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what I was wondering is if you could send me a copy of a diagram.

I can help as necessary and answer specific questions but am unable to post material directly from the service information due to copyright.