sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

A few things, but probably the most important is the brake

Customer Question

A few things, but probably the most important is the brake lights and rear turn signals not working.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: No, I haven't check, but would that effect the rear turn signals also?
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2012 Ram 1500 Express
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If it's an easy fix, sure. I did a visual inspections of the wiring at the brake. All is fine. I checked fuses. All appears to be fine with the select fuses I pulled. Nothing blown.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The radio went out but the CD and the AUX connection still play. One mister not working.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

Do the rear lights work if you turn the hazards on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hazard lights work and back up lights work.No brake lights, running lights or turn signals at rear (though front running lights and turn signals work).Noticed the audible clicking when engaging the turn signal seems to be clicking twice as fast as it used to.
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Sorry. Had something come up. I will opt out so another expert can help.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem may be wiring or an internal failure in the TIPM but bulbs or connection issues at the sockets would be the most likely cause for the lights not working. Have the bulbs been tested or replaced?