-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I was coming in to work n when I was approaching I ran in to

Customer Question

Hi hey I was coming in to work n when I was approaching I ran in to a flood
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: I just know it's a 4 door 2016
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm at work they towed off the busy street n parked it in my work lot
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The power comes on n radio n lights n I cleaned out n dried the air filter
JA: When was the last time the filter was replaced? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: It was not much on the filter n a little wet
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 29 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 29 days ago.

What is your question? I see that you ran into a flood, but I'm not sure what your question is... Did your vehicle stall? Will it even turn over?

Talk soon,

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Sorry nope didn't start so what u think I should do
Expert:  -Brad- replied 29 days ago.

Did it shut off when you were driving in the flooded water? Will the engine turn over when you try and start it?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
it did shut off n I came out a hour later with the tow n they just towed in my work lot n it's does not go over
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
what u think is wrong?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 28 days ago.

Ok this is not good if the engine will not turn over. I would call your insurance company and tell them what happened because to be honest if it stalled when you were driving in the flood then water got sucked up into the engine and it may have bend a rod. The first step in determining how bad this is will be to remove all the spark plugs and see if it will spin over, if yes then blow out the water and install the spark plugs and see if it will start, if it will not spin over still then it has bend a rod and the engine will need to come out..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Expert:  -Brad- replied 28 days ago.
Do you need more assistance?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 28 days ago.

Hello? Are you still here?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 28 days ago.

Standing by....

If your need more help feel free to reply, and thank you for the positive rating..