Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

2014 Dodge Dart: dead battery. No auto parts store willing

Customer Question

2014 Dodge Dart: dead battery.
No auto parts store willing to change battery. They say connected to security system and car's computer. Said only dealer can change battery.What is the risk if I change it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

There is no risk to change it. With the dead battery you may have activated the anti theft system. There is no risk in changing the battery now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have basic tools to change the battery. What happens if the battery is completely removed? Will the car no longer start, the security keep the car from running? What is the auto store's concern?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

I am unsure of the parts stores concern. Like I stated with the dead battery you may have activated the anti theft system but I seriously doubt it. Worst case it wont start.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.